Terms & Conditions of ButlersChocolates.com and the Butlers Happiness Card
Welcome to the Butlers Chocolates website. The following are the terms and conditions for use of and purchase of products from Butlers Chocolates and the Butlers Happiness Card. Use of the Butlers Chocolates website and use of the Butlers Chocolate Happiness Card constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these terms, which may at any time, be amended. Your use at any time thereafter constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms as amended.
Placing an Order
- Orders are processed weekdays Mondays - Fridays only.
- We will make every effort to process your order as soon as possible.
- We will do our very best to dispatch orders placed before 12.00pm (GMT) for delivery the next day.
- During busy periods and bank holidays and public holidays, your order may be processed up to 72 hours after you place it.
- In order to help us deliver your package as quickly and efficiently as possible, please provide the recipient’s telephone number.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders for printed boxes and personalised ribbons where the wording requested may cause offence or is divisive, discriminatory or political in nature.
- Dispute resolution
- We have a satisfaction guarantee behind every purchase and we want our customers to believe in our service as much as we do.
- If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with any of our products, simply return them to us within 7 days with an explanation for a prompt, courteous replacement, exchange or refund.
- If a product is out of stock or unavailable for your order, we will contact you by phone or email and product of equal or greater value will be substituted in its place.
Customers Ordering from Warm Climates
- Due to the high temperatures during the summer months, we kindly ask all customers to provide an address where your chocolates can be safely delivered by the courier on their first delivery attempt (e.g. work address).
- We take all necessary precautions with regards to high temperatures in order to provide our customers with the best possible service.
- We cannot take responsibility for melted or stolen chocolates in situations where customers authorise couriers to leave parcels on a doorstep.
- We reserve the right to suspend slower delivery options during hot weather.
Tracking Your Order
- You will receive an email when your package has been dispatched via GLS or FedEx. This excludes Royal Mail, New Zealand and Australian couriers.
- You can also track your order by logging on to your account.
- Deliveries are Monday to Friday only.
- We will deliver to the address as you enter it and cannot accept any liability for late or failed delivery if the quoted address, phone number and other details are incorrect, so please be vigilant when entering delivery address details.
- You will receive an email once your order has been dispatched. This email will contain a link so you can track your order's delivery progress.
- If delivery is being made by GLS (Ireland and UK deliveries only) and delivery is unsuccessful, the recipient will be notified that the parcel has been returned to a GLS Parcelshop or GLS Depot, find your nearest location here.
- Please note that refunds do not apply in the following circumstances;
- if delivery was attempted, but the recipient was not home.
- if the address provided is incorrect or incomplete.
- if the delivery is left at the front door and not signed for at your request.
- if delivery was delayed due to inclement weather or strikes.
- In other extraordinary circumstances.
- Butlers Chocolates cannot be held responsible for delays in the receipt of an order due to bad weather, customs clearance, customs inspection or any other customs regulation.
- Please note we cannot accept delivery to PO Box addresses
- Recipient telephone numbers must be provided with each order.
- PayPal Customers, please remember to include phone numbers.
- Currently, Fed Ex do not deliver to Australia, delivery is restricted to courier service only.
- All prices include fuel surcharge, Butlerschocolates.com reserves the right to alter its shipping prices at any time in line with increases in fuel charges. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If your delivery country is not listed, please contact us.
- If you require special delivery arrangements, please contact us.
- The recipient shall be liable for any taxes and or duties applicable upon delivery.
- During seasonal times, we may display cut off delivery times on the Butlers Chocolates website.
- Butlers Chocolates will not accept responsibility for late delivery of orders placed after notified dates and times.
- Butlers Chocolates are not offered on a sale or return basis as they are a fresh product and all goods are the property of Butlers Chocolates until all outstanding debts to Butlers Chocolates have been settled in full.
- Butlers Chocolates reserves the right to refuse to supply any individual or company and reserves the right to deny access to the www.butlerschocolates.com website.
- We are happy to include a personal message with your delivery. Please type it at the order stage and we will reprint your special greeting on a Butlers gift card and include it with your gift.
- At Butlers Chocolates, online security is our priority.
- Our website operates on a secure server, which means that all confidential information is encrypted and protected to make butlerschocolates.com a safe and secure shopping environment.
- The Butlers Chocolates website and its contents together with any trade names used by Butlers Chocolates are protected by intellectual property rights and may not be used without written permission.
- Butlers Chocolates does not accept any responsibility for any external sites linked or connected to the Butlers Chocolates website and services contained therein.
www.butlerschocolates.com is provided in English only.
Butlers Happiness Card
At Butlers, we like to think that we bring a little happiness to the world through our chocolates and by means of our Cafés. So we thought, why not bring a little extra happiness to our loyal customers and reward them with a lifetime of happiness through our new Butlers Happiness Card! To find out more about Butlers Happiness Card, please click here:
How to apply for a Butlers Chocolate Happiness Card
You can apply for a Happiness Card after creating an account with us here and apply for a card from your account dashboard.
How does the Butlers Happiness Card work and what offers are available to me as a member?
- You will earn a hot beverage bonus point every time you purchase a hot beverage in Butlers Chocolate Cafés and you can enjoy your 10th hot beverage free on us!
- Simply present your card at the till before your transaction, as hot beverage points cannot be added after the sale is completed.
- Your card will be immediately credited with the Hot Beverage Bonus point earned from your transaction.
- You can also take advantage of our load card facility in any Butlers Chocolate Café. Simply ask your Barista to credit your Butlers Happiness Card with your preferred cash amount and this will be added to the card to be used against future purchases.
- Eligible registered members are also entered into a monthly prize draw to win credit on their card to enjoy as they wish.
- To be eligible to enter the prize draw, members just need to use their registered card at any Butlers Chocolate Café during the previous month.
Please note: You must present your card at the till before your transaction, as Hot Beverage Bonus points cannot be added after the sale is completed. Your card will be immediately updated with the Hot Beverage points earned from your transaction.
How do I claim my free Hot Beverage?
- Once you pick up your Happiness Card, you can start earning Butlers Hot Beverage Bonus points straight away.
- When you register your card, you will be able to redeem your 10th hot beverage free in-store
- Hot Beverage Bonus points cannot be redeemed in exchange for cash and are valid for a 12-month period only.
- All Hot Beverage Bonus points on a card that has been inactive for a 12-month period will expire and will be removed from your account.
- The cheapest hot beverage will be redeemed from your bill.
New Irish Happiness Card Customers: Please note that all new happiness cards issued from 1st June 2015 must be registered in order to redeem your tenth hot beverage free. You can collect Hot Beverage bonus points straight away, but these will expire after 30 days if your happiness card remains unregistered.
Why should I register my Butlers Happiness Card?
- You should register your card to protect your balances if your card is lost or stolen.
- Registering your card will also mean that you can stay up to date with current offers available in store or online.
- Customers in Ireland can register their cards here:
- NZ customers can register their card here:
If my card is lost or stolen, what do I do?
- Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new card and we will post one out to you.
Unfortunately, if you have not registered your Butlers Happiness card online, it is not possible for us to transfer your points.
How can I check my balance on my account?
What if I have forgotten my card?
Unfortunately, points can only be added in-store at the time of purchase and cards must be presented at the start of the transaction.
Why do we ask for some personal information?
The information is supplied for security purposes e.g. if the card is lost. This information is securely held and will not be provided to third parties.
What if I don't want to be contacted by the programme?
When you register your Butlers Happiness card, you will be asked how you want to be contacted. If this box is ignored, you will automatically receive information we feel is relevant to you. You can request to be removed from the contact list at any time by logging into your account and updating your Butlers Happiness account details.
Will any third party see my data?
Personal details that you supply during the application process will be held by Butlers Chocolates in the strictest confidence. No supplied information will be divulged to anyone or any organisation outside of Butlers Chocolates without your required permission.
What happens to my cash balance if there is no longer a store close by?
Please contact Butlers Chocolates directly on 00 353 1 6710599 and we will be happy to assist you.
By using your Butlers Happiness Card, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time. Terms and conditions updated 24th June 2015