Terms and Conditions of the Butlers Chocolates UC Website
Welcome to the Butlers Chocolates website.
The following are the terms and conditions for the use of and purchase of products from ButlersChocolates.com. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they are the contract between you and us (The Irish Chocolate Company UC, T/A Butlers Chocolates). Use of the Butlers Chocolates website and placing of an order constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these terms, which may at any time, be amended. Your use at any time thereafter constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms as amended.If you are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not purchase goods on this site. www.butlerschocolates.com
is owned and operated by The Irish Chocolate Company UC, T/A Butlers Chocolates, a company registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 205466, with VAT number IE4561913O.
You can get hold of us in any of the following ways:
a. by telephoning us on 00 353 1 6710599
b. by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
c. by writing to us at Customer Care, Butlers Chocolates, Clonshaugh Business Park, D17 A076 Ireland
- Orders are processed on business weekdays, Monday - Friday only, and during standard business hours.
- We will make every possible effort to process your order as soon as possible.
- Please check our delivery page for delivery updates at seasonal times.
- We will do our very best to dispatch orders placed before 12.00pm (GMT) that same working day to our couriers, but cannot guarantee this, especially at seasonal times or during periods of disruption.
- Orders placed after 12 pm will be dispatched the next working day
- During busy periods, such as Christmas or Easter, bank holidays and public holidays, your order may be processed up to 72 hours after you place it.
- In order to help us deliver your package as quickly and efficiently as possible, please provide the recipient’s telephone number.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders for printed boxes and personalised ribbons where the wording requested may cause offence or is divisive, discriminatory or political in nature.
- If a product is out of stock or unavailable for your order, we will endevour to contact you by phone or email and product of equal or greater value will be substituted in its place.
- We will send your delivery by courier service, which is trackable.
Prices of the Goods that you order are clearly specified on Our Website. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that we do not make errors with the prices that we charge you. However, if by mistake, we have under-priced Goods, we will not be liable to supply those Goods to you at the stated price, provided we notify you before we dispatch to you. Acceptance of your order
When you place an order with us, the legal contract between you and us will only come into existence when we tell you that we can provide the goods to you, which we will usually communicate by email. If we tell you that we cannot provide the goods to you for whatever reason, then we will not charge you for them. If we tell you that we are unable to provide the goods, and we have already received payment from you, then we will promptly refund you for any goods that we cannot provide to you. About the Products
Any descriptions or images of our products, and the packaging in which they are provided, which are set out on our website, are for illustration only. While we endeavour to be as accurate and consistent as possible, the products may be slightly different to those descriptions or images.Payment Terms
You must pay for goods in advance.
We have a satisfaction guarantee behind every purchase and we want our customers to believe in our service as much as we do. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with any of our products purchased on www.butlerschocolates.com, simply return them to us within 7 days with an explanation for a prompt, courteous replacement, exchange or refund.
Modifications to The Service and Prices
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
Customers Ordering From Warm Climate
We take all necessary precautions with regards to high temperatures (in excess of 20 degrees Celsius) in order to provide our customers with the best possible service. Due to the high temperatures during the summer months, we kindly ask all customers to provide an address where your chocolates can be safely delivered by the courier on the first delivery attempt (e.g. work address). We cannot take responsibility for melted or stolen chocolates in situations where customers authorise couriers to leave parcels on a doorstep. We reserve the right to suspend slower economy delivery options during hot weather in favour of express options. Tracking Your Order
- You will receive an email when your package has been dispatched to our couriers.
- You can also track your order by logging on to your account if you are a registered member.
Delivering your order
- Courier deliveries are usually Monday to Friday.
- We will deliver to the address as you enter it, so please be vigilant when entering delivery address details as we will not accept any liability for late or failed delivery if the quoted address, phone number and other details are incorrect.
- Deliveries will be made to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept the delivery.
- If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note to rearrange delivery. However, a further delivery charge may apply.
- When your products arrive, it is important that you check immediately the condition and quantity. If the products have been damaged in transit, you must refuse the delivery and immediately contact us so that we may dispatch a replacement quickly and minimise your inconvenience.
Please note that refunds will not apply in the following circumstances
- If the address provided is incorrect or incomplete.
- If the delivery is left at the front door and not signed for at your request.
- If delivery was delayed due to inclement weather or strikes.
- In other extraordinary circumstances such as bad weather, customs clearance, customs inspection or any other customs regulation.Please note the following when placing your order:
- We cannot accept delivery to PO Box addresses as most couriers will not deliver to them.
- Recipient telephone numbers must be provided with each order.
- PayPal customers, please also remember to include phone numbers.
- All prices include fuel surcharge, Butlerschocolates.com reserves the right to alter its shipping prices at any time in line with increases in fuel charges. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If your delivery country is not listed, please contact us.
- If you require special delivery arrangements, please contact us.
- Recipients shall be liable for any taxes and or duties applicable upon delivery.
- During seasonal times, we may display cut off delivery times on the Butlers Chocolates website.
- Butlers Chocolates cannot accept responsibility for late delivery of orders placed after notified dates and times.
- Butlers Chocolates products are not offered on a sale or return basis as they are a fresh product.
- All goods are the property of Butlers Chocolates until all outstanding debts to Butlers Chocolates have been settled in full.
- Butlers Chocolates reserves the right to refuse to supply any individual or company and reserves the right to deny access to the www.butlerschocolates.com website.
- We are happy to include a personal message with your delivery. Please type it at the order stage and we will reprint your special greeting on a Butlers gift card and include it with your gift. We cannot accept responsibility for errors/mistakes on the message you inputted online.
- At Butlers Chocolates, online security is our priority.
- We take care to make Our Website safe for you to use. Our Website operates on a secure server, which means that all confidential information is encrypted and protected to make butlerschocolates.com a safe and secure shopping environment.
- Card payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment. If you have asked us to remember your credit card details in readiness for your next purchase [or subscription], we will securely store your payment details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process your automatic monthly payments or other transactions which you have initiated.
- The Butlers Chocolates website and its contents together with any trade names used by Butlers Chocolates are protected by intellectual property rights and may not be used without written permission.
Butlers Chocolates does not accept any responsibility for any external sites linked or connected to the Butlers Chocolates website and services contained therein.
These Terms and Conditions and any separate agreements whereby we provide you shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Butlers Chocolates UC and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Butlers Chocolates UC. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep this website up and running smoothly. However, Butlers Chocolates UC takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Last updated April 26 2023.
Other Terms and Conditions
See The Butlers Platinum Loyalty Card Terms & Conditions here
See The Butlers Chocolate Café Pre-Order Mobile App Terms and conditions here
See our General Competition Terms & Conditions here