- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F (fan oven) or Gas Mark 4.
- Grease the ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate, then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir it with a spatula until the chocolate has melted and become smooth.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric hand held mixture until ribbon stage.
- This means when the beaters are lifted from the mixture they leave a thin trail of the mixture on the surface.
- With a metal spoon or a spatula fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar and sift the flour over the top. Fold together until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins, filling each ramekin three quarters full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until a crust has started to form around the cakes but the middle is still like a gooey pool of chocolate.
- To serve, turn the puddings out of the ramekins and enjoy.
Serve with some whipped cream and raspberries or raspberry coulis.
TIP: The beauty of these fondants is that you can make them the day before, refrigerate and bring back to room temperature and reheat just before serving. They reheat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds at 800w."